Amsterdam Housing Authority
The Section 8 wait list will open beginning
August 12, 2014 until August 15, 2014.
For more information, please go to the Applicant page.
The Amsterdam Housing Authority Section 8 Rental Assistance Programs are designed to provide decent, safe, sanitary, and affordable housing to low income families in private housing throughout the community. The Section 8 rental assistance programs are a three-way partnership between the Amsterdam Housing Authority, the family and the landlord of the housing unit.
•All income must be verified by a third party. Forms granting permission must be signed.
• All family members must provide their Social Security card and Birth Certificate.
• Individuals or families participating in the program have to be recertified at least once a year.
•The program does not provide for the payment of Security Deposit or Utility Deposits.
• After the first year, the tenancy may terminate the lease upon a thirty (30) day written notice sent to the landlord and to this agency.
• All apartments are inspected initially and each year after to be sure they meet Department of Housing and Urban Development standards.
Housing Choice Voucher
• Tenant based assistance.
• Subsidy is calculated using a payment standard.
•Rent may exceed the limits established by the Federal government.
•Tenant portion may not exceed 40% of the families adjusted gross income.
• Allows participants to attain economic self-sufficiency and independence through educational support, job training, counseling and other services in addition to housing support.
• Housing Choice Voucher participants are eligible.
• Escrow account is set up for participants with earned income.
• Participants must be disabled.
• Participants will be linked with services on an as needed basis.
• Project based assistance.
• This program applies only to the following units:
26 James Street and 188 Division Street
RJS Properties, Inc. SF Housing
2 and 3 bedroom units 2 bedrooms units
• Subsidy is based on 30% of participant’s income.
For more information please call
Federal Income Limits
For more information on the
Housing Choice Voucher Program
52 Division Street
Amsterdam, New York